Tuesday, May 24, 2011

All Hail Mom's Birthday!

Sunday was Mom's Birthday and for it we went to the creek right next to church. The water was so refreshing, especially with how muggy it was that afternoon. But we weren't down there long before departing for home to eat lunch, (Finally) and play some games in celebration.  
Later on in the day, the sky was over cast and it started raining cats and dogs (not literally, of course.) Then it started hailing. There was supposed to be a tornado warning, nut what did we do instead of going into a hiny-hider? We all got helmets on and went outside to watch the hail coming down. And as the video shows, the horses did not like it.



7 comments:

James said...

That is crazy big! were the cars dented from the hail at all?
And did you know that the the largest hail ever recorded was bigger than a baseball?

Therese said...

A: Thankfully, no. The cars were not damaged by any of the hail.

B: I think I have heard something like that before.

Chris said...

James, there was 4.25in hail stones that landed 5miles from our house(in Peggs-ish).

James said...

Wooa! That's huge! Hail that big could aerate your lawn for you.

James said...

Scratch what I said about the largest hail. Check this out!

http://news.yahoo.com/nphotos/slideshow/photo//ydownload/20110526/photos_net_web_wl/1306444734/

Chris said...

WOW! But I wonder how many fell, it seemed to me that the lager the hail the fewer there were.

James said...

That is probably right, so I am not sure.