FYI, if I can't find Chris, I make it a point of getting Thomas (whether or not he comes willingly, he usually like it when I pick on him though,) to be my pin cushion, or beenie bag. So, earlier today, I started randomly doing a karate stance and throwing punches at Thomas. I wasn't even getting near him. He thought this was fun so he started doing the exact thing to me: throwing punches near me but not hitting me at all.
It wasn't long before John saw us and of course wanted in. I can tell you he had no qualms whatsoever about getting right in the middle of it, literally. The difference with him was that he didn't care much whether he hit someone or not. So, John joined the fun, then Daniel and last but not least, Marie came.
So, now we have four rambunctious kids all throwing punches in the piano room while Mom is on the phone. Boy, was it fun. I was just my good little self, continuing to throw punches, distributed between Thomas and Daniel. Marie, Thomas and Daniel were all doing the same. But there in the midst of us all, was the shortest member of our sparing team, flaying his fists at everyone he could, (that would be all four of us, because he was smack-dab in the middle, and loving it.)
Well, soon I left the arena; I had more important things to do. but not long after I had escaped to my room, was I followed by some people. The first victim was poor Marie, who had a pitiful look on her face while limping on one leg, and grunting painfully.
Shortly following her was the second victim: Thomas. Only he came in holding his mouth, but still had that same look of laughing painfulness. Then came in Daniel. He came triumphantly into the room with a war cry and his fist playfully up like a boxer's.
Was it just me, or was that unmistakably funny? BTW, no one was permanently damaged, and unlike our unusual steak of unluckiness, it wasn't necessary for us to rush anyone to the ER. But as it turned out, none of these injuries ensued from the sparring match itself. Marie got her foot injury from jamming her toes into the floor. Thomas got his from throwing his knee up into his chin. And Daniel, well, Daniel....I guess his turn will come next time....
Did anyone notice that all this happened after I left? I guess the moral of the story I should never leave the sparring match unattended. Perhaps I should even rename the post title: The Self Inflicted Sparring Match Injury Club. What do you think? Too wordy?
6 comments:
steak of unluckiness? I've never heard of this. How does it taste? is ther a steak of luckiness? 'cause I would like that.
P.S. what did a steak of unluckiness have to do with anything in your story/
P.P.S. I know what the inportant things you had to do were. I'm special.
Well, as for the first thing, you may not realize it, but you don't want to ever taste the steak of unluckiness. It's awful.
The steak of unluckiness had to do with how many times this month we have had to go to the ER.
As for your post, post script, how would you know whether I wasn't talking about something totally different, (I mean, of course) other than you? Hehe.
P.S. That was actually a typo, in case you didn't know. But I don't want to change it now. It's too juicy. (I figured that one out all by myself!)
LOL!!!!
My intelligence hurts.
Don't feel too sorry for your intelligence, Jake. I am sure there are a lot of other stories that would be much more painful.
(And I could probably tell you some of them. Not that that is something to brag about.)
Post a Comment