Friday, June 25, 2010

DJ And TJ

Thomas and Daniel still think Chris is the coolest, most capable and neatest guy ever. Before Chris and Michelle got home, whenever they had to feed the calves and it was already dark out, I would often accompany them down. And somehow whenever I did, we get on to the subject of how to fight mountains lions and all sorts of dangerous things. Daniel says that, "If Chris and Mike, and William and James and Dad were all here, no mountain lion would stand a chance!" You don't know how excited they get when talking about all the things Chris especially could do to protect them. He is the epitome of all manliness in their eyes. We make up all sorts of exotic scenarios and then predict what Chris would do. They love it.

Daniel says to me the other day, as I am preparing to escort them down to the calves, "Katie," he says, "Ya know, you're like a guy-girl. I mean, most girls when they see a mouse or something, they go AHHH!" He brought one knee up to his stomach and put his hands on his terror stricken face. "But you're not like that," he continued, "No, you're like......cool. Yeah, you are like so awesome with a knife."

6 comments:

clairity said...

It must be so much fun to have everybody home for the summer! Hugs.

Therese said...

'Tis, 'tis indeed! I love it!

James said...

Oh my gosh, I think your head looks alittle bigger!

Therese said...

Oh, James, what a sweet sentiment.

James said...

yup!

Therese said...

Nope.