Now that you have heard about the hobble incidence, here's an even juicier one.
It took me about a half hour alone to catch her. And by the time I did, it was dark. I started milking her. Swish, swoosh, swish, swoosh ...etc, and then....WHACK!!!!! She swung her tail and it hit me smack dab in the face! Yow, I am tellin' you, that smarts. And she has a really long tail with VERY coarse hair.
So, naturally, I didn't want that happening again, and in response tied her tail to the post connected to that stanchion. And continued singing while I was milking. ♫ Swish, swoosh, swish, swoosh.....♫ etc.
When I finally finished, I proceeded to back her out. She started out fine, but then, just like what happened with the hobble, she started scrunching up her back and backing her rear end into the pole.
This time I couldn't figure it out. I KNEW I was sure to take off the hobble this time. Finally, I got her straighted out and we started on our merry way toward the pasture. But it wasn't long before I heard some noise behind us and could feel Tildi struggling to go faster.
I turning around and got quite a fright! That stanchion was following us!!! Ahhhh! PANIC!!
That poor cow. She has gone through more hardships like that than our fuzzy cows have long hair! (Okay, maybe not quite.)
So, as she was struggling to get away from this menacing stanchion that is chasing her, I came to the rescue with my cute pink and black knife. Ha! Off came Tildi's tail! Well, that is, only that hairy part.
I was so thankful I had that knife with me. And for those who didn't believe me, now you know it does come in handy sometimes. I could have been in deep soup if I didn't have it with me, because when Tildi started pulling harder it tightened the knot so much I don't think I could have untied it. And I don't think Tildi was going to be patient enough to let me try.
So, now you know how to get you cow riled up really well; tie her tail to a stanchion and try getting her to start walking'. But don't try it before milking her. If your objective is to get butter or whipped cream, you will be bitterly disappointed. Believe me, I ought to know.
2 comments:
Okay, now you HAVE to write a story about you and Kira, Katie. ;)
And what might you know about that?
Never mind, never mind, I'll tell it MY way. Hee Hee.
Post a Comment