June 1, 2006
Last year, we wanted to go out to dinner for Mike's birthday, June 2nd. However, since our schedule was packed for his birthday already, we bumped the dinner up to his birthday eve.
Dad had some errands to run so he met us at Claim Jumper and we all sat down, waiting for our menus. Then this waitress comes up and says, "So, I hear there's a birthday boy here." Mike turned to look at her and guess who it was...Moira! She had a Claim Jumper apron on and was holding some menus. I can't describe the look on Mike's face (other than as utter astonishment), so this picture will have to speak for me.
Last year, we wanted to go out to dinner for Mike's birthday, June 2nd. However, since our schedule was packed for his birthday already, we bumped the dinner up to his birthday eve.
Dad had some errands to run so he met us at Claim Jumper and we all sat down, waiting for our menus. Then this waitress comes up and says, "So, I hear there's a birthday boy here." Mike turned to look at her and guess who it was...Moira! She had a Claim Jumper apron on and was holding some menus. I can't describe the look on Mike's face (other than as utter astonishment), so this picture will have to speak for me.
Now we know what those "errands" were that Dad had to do.
Mike was beaming for the rest of the weekend
7 comments:
The story is so short when you write it down! I think it took almost 45 minutes for you to tell it. (It didn't help that all of your family was trying to contribute to the telling)
One other thing -- if you're trouble, what does that make me?
BL
I'm not sure, I'll ask my dad. :)
About the story taking so long to tell, I didn't include anything from my viewpoint, which was very helpful in getting right to the point.
We both know how long it takes you to do anything -- it just rings true for your story telling, too. Hee, hee
It usually takes a long time for me to tell a story because I like to include all of the neat little, juicy details. I could just say, "Moira came and surprised Mike for his birthday," but then you'd be asking me, "How? When? Where?" and things like that. So, I save you the trouble of asking.
That's very kind of you ;-)
No problem. :)
Post a Comment