Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankgiving Day

Well, I am sure you are all extreeeeemly excited to hear all the nitty gritty details of our most boring Thanksgiving day. Haha, just kidding about both it being boring and you being excited to hear it. But here it is anyway.

Mom, Marie and I all went to the 9:00 am Mass at the Oratory. It was at one point pretty scary because a girl right in front of us fainted. At first Mom, Marie and I all thought she was having a seizure and we didn't know whether to jump up and help her and her mom, or just let others who may have known better than us what to do. Though it was quite scary, it all turned out fine and it was very cool to see Mr. M, Mr. W, and Mr. R all leap up and immediately to help her and her mom.

After we got back home we watched "How to Train Your Dragon"...........again, for the 4th time! But the kid's excuse this time was that we just bought it the other day and we had 15 days to return it, so we HAAAD to watch it all the way through and make sure it was a good disk.

While the movie was playing, Marie and Dad made dinner and John, although waiting as patiently as he could,  constantly asked for the latest news on what parts of the movie he could watch next. "Can I watch now?" he kept asking in his cute little voice. And 90% of the time he got the same answer: "Nope, not yet," but I think he thinks waiting for those scenes was worth his time, though he probably doesn't think of it in quite those terms.

We got to have Grandma and Granddad, and Mr. and Mrs. Ferguson over for dinner. It was a lot of fun, considering how there were no other kids there. Dad and I even got a nice fire going on the living room hearth. It was all so very cosy.

You gotta love the details. What else are they good for? Certainly not for listening to.

2 comments:

Jacob X. Mason said...

I have seen How to Train Your Dragon 3 times so far, but you have me beaten it sounds like. ;)

Sounds like you had a good Thanksgiving.

Therese said...

Yup, yup, yup! :D