Friday, November 26, 2010

100% Boy -- And Loving It

Last night, after the boys had all gone to bed, Marie and I moved our mattress into the living room in front of the fire. The next morning we were awakened by the lovely sound of three little boys screaming and yelling. Then, of course, it ended up with everyone on the bed; Thomas, Daniel, Marie and I were all lying down with John scrambling recklessly all over us. His foot ended up on Thomas' stomach, Daniels chest, my shin and on Marie's back. Then he kept jumping on Thomas, at which point Thomas said half-laughing,

"John you should get married and have a little boy just like you, so that you can know how it feels to have a little boy jump all over you all the time!" 

And then I said, "Yeah, John. You're going to get married."

I doubt he really understood what we were saying he was going to do, but the fact that we were saying he would do something, compelled him to adamantly deny it.

"NOOOO!!" He cried. "I not going to get 'mary'.

"Well, then John, You could be a Priest or become a respectable old bachelor."

"No! I not going to be any of those." (His face lit up with boyish excitement.) "I going to be a dinosaur!" And he started tromping around the room like a chicken impersonating a velociraptor.

"I like one of these kind! Hehe. 'De' are so funny."

No comments: