Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Total ETMF (Fri 13th)

At about 8:00 am, everyone was already awake or in the process. Uncle Daniel, Dad, Moira and I all made breakfast, which was delicious, if I do say so myself. We had gluten free pancakes with fruit sauce, the choice of cereal, and orange juice and lemonade.

Before my family left our house, we were invited by the Heffernans to go up to St. Louis with them to the city museum. Chris and I decided we were going, but Michelle and Marie were not sure yet whether they could or not. But on Thursday night everything was settled and the four of us were going to go.

But before the rest of my family headed off to home, we all went to lunch at Subway.



























From there we and the Heffernans went on to St. Louis, and my family headed off towards home.

It was about a two hour drive from the Ozarks to St. Louis. We got to the hotel around 5-ish, and went swimming. There were not a lot of people at the pool, but as soon as we got there, we all took up about 1/5 of the entire pool playing ninja. There were some people watching us as if they were unsure whether or not they should be fascinated by the game we were playing. We did other various things and goofed around, but one of the most memorable was the singing.

The pool had two main areas: a kiddy pool and a regular pool. Michelle, Marie, Bridget and I went in the kiddy area where there was a water mushroom; it looked almost like a tall umbrella with water continuously flowing out of the top and around the edges. So the girls and I went under there and started singing songs, all kinds of songs, but mainly church songs with harmony.

Then Chris came in and we all started singing "Wanna Be Like You," from Jungle Book. Soon William and James and Danny, Kevvy, and Remy joined in. So from the bystanders view, you see 10 people from teenage to young adult all crammed under a water park mushroom, with virtually no extra room, singing a song from Jungle Book and dancing around like monkeys.

Needless to say, people gave us some very interesting expressions that evening.

9 comments:

bridget said...

darling dear, I'm a little confoozled... you went from going to bed to you and Will getting back... what did I miss??

Maria said...

lol...Sounds like you had an amazingly fun time :)

James said...

a post disappeared.

Moira Elizabeth said...

I'm about as confused as Miss Bagel!!

Please, dear Katie, relieve my confusion.

Please.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, mine too.

Katie Lawless said...

I'm sorry, haha, I got a little mixed up.

Here we go. It's fixed now.

bridget said...

wait wait wait, now you're just denying that you and Will went anywhere. Not helping, dear. :P

Katie Lawless said...

OOOOOOHHH, okay. What happened was William and I went kayaking on Friday morning. That was a blast!!
That's what you're missing!
Is that more clear for you?

bridget said...

YES. Thank you! :)