The other day, after classes, Mom, Thomas, Daniel, John and I went to town. While there I treated us all to a huge Banana Split at the local cute drug store that also had a 60's style cafe. It's dimensions were something like 10 inches long, 4 inches wide and 9 inches tall. Shortly put, it was HUGE!
When we first got there, the boys knew we were getting ice cream but they didn't know how big it was going to be. While we were waiting for it to be made, John asked in an exasperated voice, "Can we go now?" "Look! The lady's getting the spoons!" I said. From there on, it was all excitement. Finally, Ice cream! Gazing at the massive distentions of this dessert, ALL of the boys eyes practically popped out of their heads!
To say the very least, we all loved it! The ice cream was fabulously delicious! Pretty soon it was starting to dwindle down to emptiness. But before it did, while there was still plenty for everyone, just when I took a spoonful, John, with a huge smile and eyes twinkling with mischief, dug his own spoon right into my scoop trying t take away my ice cream.
"Hey!"
Everyone burst out in laughter! Almost immediately, everyone's objective was not to scoop the ice cream from the bowl which was still completely available to everyone at the table, but to get as much ice cream as you could from everyone else's spoon. It was awesome fun! At one point John was laughing so hard he almost dropped his spoon. Thankfully, I don't think that the staff had to clean up our table much more than any of the others.
3 comments:
Those times are always so much fun.
Too True. Like the time we were on a family trip and when Dad decided to surprise us by taking us to an ice cream store and we found out it was closed, we had imaginary ice cream instead! It was just as good - actually, it was BETTER!
I doubt that!
Post a Comment